Because I’m getting all reveal-y and whatnot on this blog, and delving into some of my deepest, darkest fears and issues (not all of them, mind you), I’m worried that some readers are going to think I’m about to check into Chateau Marmont and overdose on whatever people overdose on these days. No worries, that’s not going to happen. First of all, the Chateau is just not my scene. Second, I’m actually a pretty happy person. But I gotta admit that writing about this stuff every day is making me feel a little in the dumps.
So here’s a list of some of the really great things in my life, starting with, but certainly not limited to:
1) I’m making a list! Right now! I love lists! But I hate exclamation points, so that’s enough of that, young lady.
2) Two of my best married-couple friends just had a baby. It’s a boy! (Okay, now really no more exclamation points.)
3) I write tv shows for a living. How awesome is that?
4) From my house, I can walk to: a bakery, a coffee shop, a diner, an independent bookstore, a park with a lake, lots of great brunch spots, a couple Mexican restaurants, a Pioneer Chicken… and a great hiking trail. This is why I love L.A. (I also hate L.A., but that’s a different post.)
5) I have the three best dogs in the whole big wide world. If I can figure out how, I’ll post a video, and you can see for yourself.
7) I would actually like it if my dad and step-mom lived close enough to drop by.
8) The diner by my house has amazing pie.
9) I adore my house. And the fact that in the middle of the summer I can adore a house that doesn’t have air conditioning… that’s saying something.
10) I’m about to go visit my favorite place in the world—my mom’s house in Northern Minnesota. My step-dad will cook steaks, and my mom will insist we all eat ice cream, and I will catch at least four big, yummy walleye that I will not have to clean because...
11) I can afford a fishing guide.
12) Sweet potato fries.
13) Barack Obama is the President of the United States of America. (And the son of a single mother.)
14) My friends and family are incredibly supportive and encouraging about both my desire to have or adopt a child, and my odd desire to blog about it.
15) I have a great trainer who is also a nice person. Except when she makes me do burpies. When she makes me do burpies, she is mean. Mean.
See? Not so glum. Just trying to figure it all out. One post at a time.
When you’re in the dumps, what helps you work through it?