I don't mean everyone, of course. Some people are downright sunny this time of year, and to those people I say, "You are SO annoying," and then I add, "And, also, I'm jealous."
This year, I am uniquely un-depressed, which I attribute almost entirely to acupuncture. Still, in this season of stress and busy-ness and two wars and no health care reform (yet?) and commercialism and obligation and shit-who-did-I-forget-to-get-a-present-for, I thought it might be nice to remind ourselves (read: me) that there is good in the world.
So. In no particular order.
Things That Are Good In The World:
2. Friends who are thoughtful enough to have babies.
3. Pretty much friends in general.
6. Gainful employment.
7. Dyson vacuum cleaners.
8. Solar panels. Please let me be able to afford them when I remodel.
9. According to an article I read in the New Yorker, the Chinese are actually pretty on top of this whole global warming thing. I mean, not that they're turning anything around yet, but they've got some serious tech in the works. Sometimes I forget that, uh, nobody else wants to breathe shitty air, lose the ice caps, destroy coastal regions, etc., either.
10. My friend Bob's mole sauce.
11. Any movie with Hepburn and Tracy. (And most movies with Cary Grant.)
12. Down comforters.
13. Soft pillows.
14. Yarn of all kinds.
20. Keurig coffee/tea/cocoa makers
21. Dutch ovens.
23. Smitten Kitchen.
25. Road trips.
Okay, those are mine. Some of them anyway.
What are your good things?