1) My remodel is thisclose to being done, and my house looks fantastic.
2) I'm thrilled that I decided to add the front patio. Once I get planters built and a privacy hedge around the top of the wall, it's going to be one of my favorite places in the whole house.
4) My Aunt Gene was in town while everything was going down with Chloe, and I'll be forever grateful for her support, love, and guidance.
5) I have central heat and air conditioning!!!
7) Laurie March. I wouldn't have made it through the last six months without her. If you live in LA and you're remodeling and you DON'T call her, you're crazy.
7) For the first time in a couple years, I have an easy commute. It's amazing what an enormous difference that makes in my overall quality of life.
8) This last month has made me especially grateful for my friends. I've relied on them a lot-- more than I'm comfortable with, frankly-- but they've been amazing.
9) Our assistant, Elysse. When I had the flu, and no gas to operate my stove, she brought me microwavable chicken noodle soup and microwavable brown rice. Didn't even know that existed, did you? Brilliant.
10) Finally, at some point in the last couple weeks, this little blog o' mine reached 200,000 lifetime hits. That's right. Two. Hundred. Thousand! In less than a year and a half. If that's not something to feel good about, I don't know what is.
From the bottom of my heart... thanks for reading, guys.